[fwAnalog] FwAnalog & IPFW

From: Polar_Bear <polar_bear_~AT~users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 14:35:15 CEST

Hi all,

As many other on this list and elsewhere I was tried to run fwanalog with the "ipfw" option. More exactly I have installed the scripts on a MacBook Pro , thus running Mac OS X.

At first I had the problems mentionned some months ago on this list, see for example
<http://tud.at/mailinglist-archives/fwanalog/0325.html> and the "Can't
open $outdir/fwanalog.current.withyear: No such file or directory " error.

Using Google I have found a fix :
<http://stderror.at/software/patch/fwanalog-0.6.9.patch>
The "bug" is here : " \$outdir/fwanalog.current.withyear " should be " $outdir/fwanalog.current.withyear " (no "\" before "$outdir")

This definitely solves the problem and fwanalog is now running fine with ipfw :)

I thought that would be a good idea to include this bug fix in the "official" package.

Just FWIW

Claude Received on Thu May 31 14:35:20 2007