Re: [fwAnalog] Re: no png output

From: C.Tran (ctran02~AT~kewlcat.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 06:07:15 CEST

C.Tran wrote:

> C. Bensend wrote:
>
>>> packages installed on OpenBSD 3.7 box
>>>
>>> analog-5.32 extremely fast program for analysing WWW logfiles
>>> bash-3.0.16p0-static GNU Bourne Again Shell
>>> gettext-0.10.40p2 GNU gettext
>>> libiconv-1.9.2 character set conversion library
>>> pftop-0.4 curses-based real time state and rule display
>>> for pf
>>> popt-1.7 getopt(3)-like library with a number of
>>> enhancements
>>> samba-2.2.12p0 SMB and CIFS client and server for UNIX
>>>

>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> On one of my OpenBSD firewalls that runs fwanalog, I also have
>> gd, jpeg, and png installed. You might look at those - I thought
>> (it's been a while) that fwanalog needed some of those for graphics
>> generation.
>>
>> Benny
>>

> thx for the suggestion..
> I had installed pfstat which required all the packages you just
> mentioned.. but it still
> did not work..
> I reinstalled the packages you suggested.. still no joy...
>
> here is what I have currently installed on the OpenBSD 3.7 (new firewall)
> -------------------------
> analog-5.32 extremely fast program for analysing WWW logfiles
> bash-3.0.16p0-static GNU Bourne Again Shell
> freetype-1.3.1p1 free and portable TrueType font rendering engine
> gd-1.8.3 graphics library for fast PNG creation
> gettext-0.10.40p2 GNU gettext
> jpeg-6b IJG's JPEG compression utilities
> libiconv-1.9.2 character set conversion library
> pftop-0.4 curses-based real time state and rule display for pf
> png-1.2.7p1 library for manipulating PNG images
> popt-1.7 getopt(3)-like library with a number of enhancements
> samba-2.2.12p0 SMB and CIFS client and server for UNIX
>
> old firewall machine (OpenBSD 3.4) installed packages
> bash-2.05b-static GNU Bourne Again Shell
> analog-5.32 extremely fast program for analysing WWW logfiles
> p5-Net-SSLeay-1.23 perl module for using OpenSSL
> popt-1.7 getopt(3)-like library with a number of enhancements
> samba-2.2.8a SMB and CIFS client and server for UNIX
> logsentry-1.1.1p1 logfile auditing tool
> portsentry-1.1 port scan detection and active defense
> libiconv-1.8 character set conversion library
> glib-1.2.10 useful routines for C programming
> gettext-0.10.40p1 GNU gettext
> gtk+-1.2.10p1 General Toolkit for X11 GUI
> nmap-3.00 scan ports and fingerprint stack of network hosts
> gmake-3.80 GNU make
> gmp-4.1.2 library for arbitrary precision arithmetic
> pftop-0.3 curses-based real time state and rule display for pf

> charles

UPDATE !!!!!
I think I have found a bug.. !!!!

On a working 3.6 box with packages :

analog-5.32         extremely fast program for analysing WWW logfiles
bash-3.0-static     GNU Bourne Again Shell
gettext-0.10.40p1   GNU gettext
jpeg-6b             IJG's JPEG compression utilities
libiconv-1.9.1      character set conversion library

installed..
using fwanalog-0.6.4 I had NO problems.. the log files generated ..as expected

Upgraded the box to 3.7 and got the same error I first posted... I also installed the (3.6) packages on the 3.7 box to see if it fixed the problem..

no joy..

so I either go back to 3.6 or move to another firewall package like pfstat...
bummer.. I really like fwanalog..

charles