Re: [fwAnalog] fwanalog exits on duplicate record

From: Balázs Bárány (balazs~AT~tud.at)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 17:52:34 CET

Hello,

When fwanalog finds an $outdir/fwanalog.all.log, it must remove the already processed parts from the current log so duplicates are avoided. This happens using sed; fwanalog creates a sed script from the last line in fwanalog.all.log and applies that to the current log using the line address "1,/pattern of last line/". From the manpage of GNU sed:

 0,addr2
  Start out in "matched first address" state, until addr2 is found. This is similar   to 1,addr2, except that if addr2 matches the very first line of input the 0,addr2   form will be at the end of its range, whereas the 1,addr2 form will still be at   the beginning of its range.

I don't fully understand this but I've changed the pattern from 1,/ to 0,/ in the development version and it seems to work now. I don't know if this won't cause regressions though.

Regards

Balázs Bárány     balazs~AT~tud.at     http://tud.at    ICQ 10747763

Computers. You can't live with them, you can't live without them.