Re: [fwAnalog] How do I access results on a LAN?

From: Balázs Bárány (balazs~AT~tud.at)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 23:23:23 CEST

Hi,

> to automate that somehow. I can think of a number of clumsy ways of
There a lot of clumsy ways but the non-clumsy ones (SMB, NFS, HTTP etc.) are usually not used on firewalls. One marginally-clumsy way would be using Konqueror to access the files under something like fish://root~AT~firewall/root/fwanalog/out . Other solutions include cron jobs to mail the output files, or scp them over using public key encryption, or smbclient etc. They may be clumsy to setup but they usually don't require much maintenance.

I usually let fwanalog mail me the daily today.txt output from my firewalls and then look at the HTML files if something was interesting.

Regards

Balázs Bárány       balazs~AT~tud.at        http://tud.at       ICQ 10747763

A good engineer will make considerable effort to avoid additional effort.