Re: [fwAnalog] fwanalog

From: Balázs Bárány (balazs~AT~tud.at)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 17:00:34 CET

Hello,

It might work on your system but the colon is there for a reason, it is needed for syncing the regexp in most log formats.

I don't think I will add this to the default fwanalog version. Supporting all the alternative syslog implementations would make fwanalog unmaintainable, and the people who use them are normally able to change the script or their logs anyway.

I added the info on Metalog to the README.firewall file.

Regards

Balázs Bárány       balazs~AT~tud.at        http://tud.at       ICQ 10747763

A good engineer will make considerable effort to avoid additional effort.