Re: [fwAnalog] About separate hosts and packets reports

From: Balázs Bárány (balazs~AT~tud.at)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 23:41:46 CET

Hello,

> I manage my firewall (iptables & Red Hat 9) with fwbuilder. If I log any
> ACCEPT rule, fwanalog is able to know this ?? Or is the packet that
> match that rule considered as a blocked packet ??
with iptables, this is not possible, because the LOG target doesn't specify if the packet was dropped or not. It works with a few other firewalls (e.g. ipchains or ipf IIRC).

You could use a special log prefix for ACCEPT logs and e.g. prepare your logfiles using grep -v or whatever to achieve this.

Regards

Balázs Bárány       balazs~AT~tud.at        http://tud.at       ICQ 10747763

A good engineer will make considerable effort to avoid additional effort.