Re: [fwAnalog] pass rules are listed as blocked?

From: Balázs Bárány (balazs~AT~tud.at)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 00:03:09 CEST

Hello,

The alternative would be to leave fwanalog.sh alone and just pre-grep the firewall logs into separate logfiles and use those as input for fwanalog.

However now that I think about it, I will probably change the FreeBSD zegrep string to include only "b" packets in the next version because that is what most people expect from a firewall log analyzer. So you'll need to change that again for "p" packets.

> I guess I could make one change to the one that is showing passed
> packets... I could make its TITLE say "Passed" instead of Blocked.
It's better not to change the language file itself because you will need to apply the same changes again if a new Analog version is released. It's better to change one of the mklangfile.*.sh files in support/ and use those.

Regards

Balázs Bárány       balazs~AT~tud.at        http://tud.at       ICQ 10747763

A good engineer will make considerable effort to avoid additional effort.