Re: [fwAnalog] $outdir/fwanalog.all.log

From: Hermann Peifer (peifer~AT~gmx.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 11:22:39 CEST

On Monday, 21 April 2003 10:53, Balázs Bárány wrote:

> No. fwanalog is able to figure out changed lines if and only if the
> logfiles are found in the correct order (chronologically).
>
> How are your files named?

I am using SuSEFirewall2 under SuSE 8.1, which creates /var/log/firewall log file.

Via changes to 'inputfiles_mask=' I tried to analyse other logfiles, which I created by grepping selected lines out of the firewall log. I tried to analyse single files only, not a set of rotated logs.

When changing inputfiles_mask and re-running fwanalog, files in outdir are recreated and have a new timestamp, but contents of fwanalog.all.log and all the reports are unchanged. Only deleting fwanalog.all.log seems to help.

Hermann