[fwAnalog] Logs are empty on FreeBSD 4.7 Release

From: Adam Lofstedt (adaml~AT~visimation.com)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 23:46:15 CET

I just installed the fwanalog package and when I run it I get 0 results.

I edited the /usr/local/etc/fwanalog/fwanalog.opts file and put the following for:

inputfiles_mask="ipflog"
inputfiles_dir="/var/log"

This is on a FreeBSD 4.7 Release system, running ipf and ipnat.

On my system, I have this in /etc/rc.conf:

ipmon_enable="YES"
ipmon_program="/sbin/ipmon"
ipmon_flags="-D /var/log/ipflog"

It looks like ipmon is logging the blocked packets correctly to the file /var/log/ipflog. I am not sure why fwanalog results are empty. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Adam Lofstedt