Re: [fwAnalog] Empty output from fwanalog under Mandrake Linux 8.2

From: Balázs Bárány (balazs~AT~tud.at)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 21:41:51 CEST

Hello,

> It seems that fwanalog sets up variables for in the .opts file for
> "gzcat" and "zegrep"

gzcat is only needed on OpenBSD 3.x. (I will update the documentation.)

> zgrep), I have modified the zegrep variable to use the zgrep binary, but
zegrep is a shellscript on my systems (both Debian Woody and OpenBSD 3), so you should be able to copy it from your RedHat box. (If not, mail me and I send it to you.)

It's zEgrep for a reason - because it is used with Extended regular expressions.

Regards

Balázs Bárány     balazs~AT~tud.at     http://tud.at    ICQ 10747763

Computers. You can't live with them, you can't live without them.