Re: [fwAnalog] Re: NetBSD

From: Balázs Bárány (balazs~AT~tud.at)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 23:11:44 CEST

Hello,

However, fwanalog currently performs extremely bad with large logfiles because of a diff phase. See the Debian bug report: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=107199&repeatmerged=yes I'm working on a solution.

> My problem now seems to be that the reporting generated is very
> inconsistent, and seems to produce many errors when analog parses the log
That means that there are lines that the regexp doesn't catch. My fault 8-( Could you send me an example log file that fwanalog can't read?

> Also, I'm not sure what the time zone setting is supposed to be. This is
> an output from my NetBSD machine:

Linux, OpenBSD:
bb 23:01:06 bash ~ $ date +%Z; date +%z # Debian GNU/Linux CEST
+0200
bb 23:05:32 bash ~ $ ssh wpfw

$ date +%Z; date +%z                            # openbsd 2.9
CEST
+0200

Analog needs the +0200 (+%z), your timezone difference. You can hard-code it in fwanalog.opts if your date(1) doesn't tell it to you.

Hope this helps

Balázs Bárány     balazs~AT~tud.at     http://tud.at    ICQ 10747763

Computers. You can't live with them, you can't live without them.