[fwAnalog] .pid and .log files

From: Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt (kenneth~AT~bitnisse.dk)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 19:17:21 CEST

Hi.

A user suggested that pid-files should be in /var/run, and the log-file in /var/log - right now, they're in FilterProxy's homedir. I'm not sure what other Linux's do, but Debian requires (by policy) that these files be stored in aforementioned locations. I just wanted to check, if this was something you wished to do on other platforms, in which case I'd wait with patching it, or if you have done it the current way intentionally, in which case I'll just quietly make a Debian-only patch :)

Best regards
Kenneth

P.S.: I think I will follow up on your offer to help me with Apache/PHP/IMP. I'll just give it one more go myself, then I'll come crying, hehe :)