Re: [fwAnalog] Possible bug?

From: Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt (kenneth~AT~bitnisse.dk)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 22:35:05 CEST

On Tuesday 24 April 2001 22:29, Balázs Bárány wrote:
> It's a little bit silly with log-rotation on Debian.

Well, it matches the logging :)
I really hate all the duplicate logging going on, eg. reading about what mail has been sent in three different files, etc. So much that I'm currently trying to invent a better logging daemon. Hopefully, I'll get around to include some better rotation, too :)

> On OpenBSD, the ipf log is rotated once a day; I let the script run one
> minute later on the ipf.log.0.gz. So I always only get the logs from the
> last day.

I was thinking on just setting a cron-job around 23:50-23:55, which generates the reports (and in turn mails the daily report if enabled). This should do the trick for him (and others).

> Could you invite him to join the mailing list?

Will do this right this instant.

> > P.S.: I'll try to remember to post from the right address in the future
> > :)
>
> No need to, I just added your 3 addresses to the allowed list. Mailman is
> very flexible.

Thanks! I was wondering if it was possible, but hadn't gotten around to setting up Mailman just yet - wanted my IMP-installation working perfectly first, but this seems to be more than just hard, since PHP4 and Apache aren't the best of friends on my machine :(

Anyway, off-topic :)

Regards
Kenneth